NURSE CLINICAL INSTRUCTOR
Duties and Responsibilities:
We are looking for qualified individuals, passionate about sharing their nursing experience and inspiring a new crop of nursing professionals. The Nursing Clinical Instructor will accompany students to selected clinical sites and will among other duties undertake the following responsibilities;
- Supervising a group of students while in their clinical rotation areas (maintains presence in the facility during the entire student clinical time)
- Coordinating with clinicians at the clinical sites to achieve excellence in student-patient assignments
- Effectively facilitate learning and learner development. Teaching students how to perform duties and procedures in the clinical sites
- Evaluating students’ clinical work as per the Nursing Council of Kenya, Equip Africa College of Medical and Health Sciences, Ministry of Health and the clinical site requirements
- Provide active clinical, classroom, and clinical simulation lab instruction
- Maintain clinical standards and course expectations throughout each course or term
- Maintain the professional practice knowledge base needed to instruct learners in contemporary nursing practice
- Maintain faculty expectations as required by the College. Attend faculty meetings, professional development workshops and ongoing instructional meetings as required
- Handling and scaling student concerns with regard to their clinical experience.
- Bachelor of Nursing degree with 2+ years clinical nursing experience
or Higher National Diploma with 4+ years clinical nursing experience
- Registered with Nursing Council of Kenya and must have a valid Practising License
- Previous teaching/training experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Ability to learn our methodology and strategies quickly
- Problem solver
- Able to maintain high energy level and ability to engage students to ensure an excellent student experience
How to apply;
If you meet the set requirements kindly send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and code as the subject line. Attach your resume, application letter and all the necessary documents to reach us on or before 16th January 2019.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Equip Africa College of Medical and Health Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
December 28, 2021
February 3, 2021
October 18, 2019